Thursday, July 24, 2008

Back from the Dead

So I've been on a bit of a blogging hiatus these past few months. I've had a few things going on in my life, so I've had to adjust the priorities a bit.

But today I was reading back over some old blogs that I'd written and I decided to pick it up again. So here we go.

All of the sudden my life is completely different. One of the things that struck me as I was reading old blogs is that life one year ago was pretty much a complete 180 from where I'm at right now. Instead of worrying about things like how awful my job is, who I'm going to hang out with on Friday night, and whether or not I'm ever going to be able to get a date, now I'm worrying about things like when my husband is getting home from work, whether or not my birth control is working (no babies until I'm done with grad school!!!), how soon we'll be able to be out of debt, and how my meal plan and grocery list are working out.

Huh?! When did I become my mom? Now don't get me wrong...I love my life right now. I've been looking forward to this and counting down the days until I got to be Curtis's wife, and it is absolutely everything I hoped it would be and more. But now that the wedding is over, it's like real life is setting in. And to be honest, I'm not so sure that I'm cut out to be a "housewife." I love the cooking part, and I like to have a nice clean house, but this sitting at home during the day is about to drive me completely crazy. I had a hard time coming up with something to blog about because I'm not doing anything right now! (So rather than continue the cycle of the non-blogging, I opted to write about what I'm not doing.)

I have definitely learned that school alone is not enough to keep me occupied and mentally stimulated, so it is with great relief that I begin my new job on Monday. I'm sure that in not too terribly long I'm going to be wishing for a break, but right now going to work sounds as fun as a day at the spa. Counting down the hours until my husband comes home is just not what I'd call a thrilling day. I love to be a wife!! I'm just ready to be a working one!

3 comments:

Andy Wood said...

Hmmm. "I have too much free time on my hands."

Hmmm.

talkingcanhelp said...

Hmmmm. "are all those thank you notes written,presents put in their places, and the house all set up?" There will be no time for any of that after Monday. I will never see you again I fear.

Glad you love being Mrs. Thomas.

Ryan and Deminy... said...

Glad to see you're back. Have a great day!