Saturday, August 2, 2008

So my husband is out of town for the first time since we got married a month and a half ago. It is NOT fun. Yesterday was a bad day, and having a bad day when your husband is out of town makes it an extra bad day.

On the up side, I started my new job and I really think that I'm going to enjoy it. It's amazing how there are actually work environments that are not stressful! The people are great, I've already learned a lot, and it seems like a really great place to work. It's made me think quite a bit about my last job. I would never trade the time that I spent there, or the friends that I made, but it is SO nice to know that I'm not going to walk in to work everyday and leave completely exhausted and stressed out. This job is going to be a good combo with grad school!

My parents are in town this weekend and they're staying with me tonight, so that's nice. It's been interesting to see how my family of origin relationships have changed since I got married. I'm building my own home and family and so it's natural to see those relationships shift, but I have to say that sometimes I miss my parents too! It just feels different....still good, but different. It'll be nice to get to spend some time with them.

Life is pretty good...it'll be a LOT better when my husband is home!

No comments: